Fall in Love with this Autumn Diffuser Blend
This autumn diffuser blend will get you ready for family times, sharing food, laughter, love, and fun. The smells of autumn bring back memories of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and oranges. Autumn also brings a change in the weather. Don’t let the thought of being stuck inside bother you. Enjoy the delicious aromas reminiscent of home cooked goodies to raise your spirits. Welcome your family and friends into your home with this delightful diffuser blend.
DIFFUSER BLEND RECIPE
Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice
Follow the directions for the amount of water for your specific essential oil diffuser.
Add the following:
- 3 drops of Cinnamon Bark
- 2 drops of Clove Bud
- 4 drops of Sweet Orange
- 1 drop of Nutmeg
(Adjust your blend to your room size, you may need a little more or less. It is easy to customize to your own preferences.)
You can add the drops directly to your diffuser or make a stock blend. A stock blend is very convenient for on-going usage. To make a stock blend you simply use an empty, dark glass bottle with a dropper top. You can make a lot or a little. Multiply the number of drops in the single application by ten for easy math. If this seems like too much, just make the amount you think you will use in your home.
I recommend using the single size recipe first to make sure you are happy with the aroma. You can tweak the recipe to your personal preference.
You can make a similar blend by changing it up a bit. I love the addition of the Balsam Fir.
A Stroll Through the Woods
- 2 drops of Cinnamon Bark
- 1 drops of Clove Bud
- 3 drops of Sweet Orange
- 4 drops of Balsam Fir
Use as directed above
ABOUT THE ESSENTIAL OILS
- Cinnamon Bark (Cinnamomum zeylanicum*) – A strong natural antibacterial essential oil. It brings warmth and is energizing. It is a rich aldehyde essential oil.
- Clove Bud (Eugenia caryophyllata*) – Has an uplifting aroma and is a phenol rich essential oil.
- Orange (Sweet) – (Citrus sinensis*) – It cleanses the air and offers an uplifting fresh aroma. This is a very rich monoterpene essential oil.
- Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans*) – This essential oil has a reputation for being a digestive tonic and stimulant. It is a monoterpene rich essential oil.
- Balsam Fir (Abies balsamea*) – It offers a fresh, clean aroma and is great for a healthy nasal function. This is a monoterpene rich oil.
* Denotes Latin name of essential oil
Please check our Reference page for suggestions of places you can purchase essential oils. The companies listed on this page offer GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry) reports or similar reports for you to look at. This is a way to feel assured your essential oils are not adulterated. As a Certified Aromatherapist, these companies are where I purchase my oils. The old saying, trust but verify, is REALLY important when it comes to essential oils. Make sure you get what you are paying for.
(I am an affiliate of some of the companies listed on the Reference page – any small amount of money received from these companies helps offset this site.)